International Working Group on Endoscopic Ear Surgery is a global group of highly specialized and motivated otolaryngologists and otologists who master endoscopic ear surgery, believing in the benefits of endoscopy. The group seeks to promote excellence in technique, instrument development and field research. It organizes courses and publishes publications on the endoscopic approach in the field of otology, and in particular in the treatment of middle and inner ear disease. Examples of recent publications, the result of the collaboration of various members of the group are:
- Bilateral congenital cholesteatoma: Surgical treatment and considerations. Marchioni D, Rubini A, Gonzalez-Navarro M, Alicandri-Ciufelli M, James A, Presutti L. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017 Aug;99:146-151.
- Transcanal endoscopic approach to lesions of the suprageniculate ganglion fossa. Marchioni D, Rubini A, Nogueira JF, Isaacson B, Presutti L. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2017 Mar 29.
- The Eustachian Tube Redefined. Tarabichi M, Poe DS, Nogueira JF, Alicandri-Ciufelli M, Badr-El-Dine M, Cohen MS, Dean M, Isaacson B, Jufas N, Lee DJ, Leuwer R, Marchioni D, Patel N, Presutti L, Rivas A. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2016 Oct;49(5):xvii-xx.
- Endoscopic Management of Attic Cholesteatoma: Long-Term Results. Alicandri-Ciufelli M, Marchioni D, Kakehata S, Presutti L, Villari D. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2016 Oct;49(5):1265-70.
- Endoscopic Facial Nerve Surgery. Marchioni D, Soloperto D, Rubini A, Nogueira JF, Badr-El-Dine M, Presutti L. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2016 Oct;49(5):1173-87.