Multidisciplinary Research Group for the measurement of temperature during robotic radical prostatectomy. The research project is divided into 5 phases:
1) Creation of a miniaturized infrared camera for laparoscopic use
2) Experimental evaluation of the temperature measurement by the miniaturized camera
3) Final construction of the camera
4) Feasibility study of temperature measurement in the clinical setting of robotic radical prostatectomy
5) Presentation and publication of results Multidisciplinary Research Group for the measurement of temperature during robotic radical prostatectomy.
CURRENT STATUS OF THE PROJECT AND MAIN RESULTS:
The ex vivo experimental phase was completed, which allowed to observe the spread of the heat in bovine tissue during the bipolar electrocoagulation and at the same time to define the construction of a miniaturized infrared camera to be used during radical assisted robotic prostatectomy. In particular bipolar coagulation used at 30 Watt showed a mean thermal spread of 32 mm² when applied for 2 seconds and of 49 mm² when applied for 4 second.
Finally, as regards the realization of the infrared miniaturized camera, we observed that the recordings are the same as those of the reference camera.
MAIN PUBLICATIONS OF THE RESEARCH GROUP:
1)Porcaro AB, De Luyk N, Corsi P, Sebben M, Tafuri A, Processali T, Mattevi D,
Pirozzi M, Cerruto MA, Amigoni N, Rizzetto R, Brunelli MA, Migliorini F,
Siracusano S, Artibani W. Clinical Factors Predicting Bilateral Lymph Node
Invasion in High-Risk Prostate Cancer. Urol Int. 2017;99(4):392-399.
2) Porcaro AB, de Luyk N, Corsi P, Sebben M, Tafuri A, Mattevi D, Processali T,
Cerruto MA, Brunelli M, Zecchini Antoniolli S, Siracusano S, Artibani W. Clinical
Factors Predicting and Stratifying the Risk of Lymph Node Invasion in Localized
Prostate Cancer. Urol Int. 2017;99(2):207-214.
3) Artibani W, Porcaro AB, De Marco V, Cerruto MA, Siracusano S. Management of
Biochemical Recurrence after Primary Curative Treatment for Prostate Cancer: A
Review. Urol Int. 2018;100(3):251-262.
4) Porcaro AB, Siracusano S, de Luyk N, Corsi P, Sebben M, Tafuri A, Mattevi D,
Bizzotto L, Tamanini I, Cerruto MA, Martignoni G, Brunelli M, Artibani W.
Low-Risk Prostate Cancer and Tumor Upgrading in the Surgical Specimen: Analysis
of Clinical Factors Predicting Tumor Upgrading in a Contemporary Series of
Patients Who were Evaluated According to the Modified Gleason Score Grading
System. Curr Urol. 2017 Aug;10(3):118-125.
5) Porcaro AB, Corsi P, Inverardi D, Sebben M, Tafuri A, Processali T, Mattevi D,
De Marchi D, Pirozzi M, Cerruto MA, Amigoni N, Rizzetto R, Brunelli M, Siracusano
S, Artibani W. Prostate-specific antigen associates with extensive lymph node
invasion in high-risk prostate cancer. Tumori. 2018 Apr 1:300891618765567. doi:
- Contact people